Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Red Bull
Most Popular 2014 Bucket List Items Include Asking For a Raise (74%), Traveling More (87%) and Dating More (65%)
SANTA MONICA, Calif., Jan. 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- It's that time again, and according to a new Zero Regrets survey by Red Bull with Harris Interactive, while improving overall health continues to remain a top New Year's Resolution priority for women 25-49 (44%) and men 25-49 (31%), their bucket lists for 2014 indicate an interest in professional development (74% plan to ask for a raise/promotion at work), love (65% want to date more and 54% want to propose/get married) and personal growth (87% want to travel more, half want to learn how to play a musical instrument).
Both men and women admitted that only 12% of them stand a 100% chance of keeping their resolutions, but just shy of half give themselves a 76% or greater chance of keeping them (42% of men/39% of women). The survey results found:
Males Vs. Females:
- 40% of males and 48% of females surveyed plan to make New Year's Resolutions.
- 95% of males and 98% of females who are making resolutions for 2014 have a top priority resolution.
- For 31% of men, that top priority is improving their overall health with 23% going more specific with weight loss. For women, 44% say their top priority is to improve their overall health, with 22% choosing weight loss.
- Women (55%) are more likely then men (32%) to be inspired by the pure satisfaction of accomplishing their goals.
- Men (27%) are more likely than women (15%) to be inspired by a monetary reward).
- Support from a significant other is another resource for women (19%) and men (26%).
- The travel bug is rampant: 89% of men/86% of women surveyed are interested in traveling more in 2014.
- Attention bosses: 72% of men/75% of women plan to ask for a raise or promotion at work.
- Calling on Cupid: 68% of men/61% of women are interested in dating/dating more.
- Put a Ring on It: 50% of men/57% of women are interested in proposing/getting married.
- Musical: 55% of men/45% of women are interested in learning how to play an instrument.
- Go Climb a Mountain: 46% of men/37% of women are interested in climbing a mountain.
- Get Active: 41% of men/36% of women are interested in completing a competitive race.
- Surf's Up: 39% of men/27% of women are interested in learning to surf or snowboard.
- Sky High: 41% of men/21% of women are interested in learning to skydive in 2014.
What Are The Chances?
- 42% of males who are making resolutions for 2014 say there is a 76% chance or greater that they'll keep any of their resolutions.
- 39% of females who are making resolutions for 2014 say there is a 76% chance or greater that they'll keep any of their resolutions.
- Only 12% of both women and men say there is a 100% chance they will keep their resolutions.
* This survey was conducted online within the United States by Harris Interactive on behalf of Red Bull North America on December 3-5, 2013 among 2,032 adults age 18 and older, among which 840 are adults ages 25-49. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and, therefore, no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated. Complete survey methodology, including weighting variables, is available upon request.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.