By: Blake Willahan
Gingerbread! Snickerdoodle! Sugar! Butterscotch! The possibilities are endless.
What is it about Christmas time and cookies? Don't get me wrong, cookies are great any time of the year, but during the holidays it's definitely a social obligation to consume as many as humanly possible. You're just working on your winter coat to keep warm right? Either way, if you don't like cookies, you probably deserve coal in your stocking.
Need to suck up to your boss? Bribe that professor for an A on the final? Just want to eat the stress away? There is an easy solution to these problems and that answer is, and always will be, cookies.
And the best part is, if you aren't a domestic housewife who wants to make the perfect homemade chocolate chip, pecan, oatmeal raisin cookies from heaven, don't even try.
That's what pre-made, pre-cut cookies are for. Just break ‘em off (eat a few raw of course), stick them in the oven and boom! You are immediately the best neighbor/co-worker/friend ever.
Bottom line - whether it's decorating them, giving some away, or most likely, eating them, the holidays wouldn't be the same without these yummy treats.
So don't fret, here are some of the best (and easiest) cookie recipes to make this holiday season!
1. Classic Gingerbread Man cookies - Because who doesn't want to decorate little people and then completely demolish them?
2. Chocolate Rum Balls – Yes, please.
3. Cranberry-Orange cookies - Fruit = healthy. Cookies contain fruit. Therefore, cookies = healthy.
4. Chocolate Chip Peppermint cookies – Got milk?
5. Cinnamon Sugar cookies – Sugar, spice and everything nice…tasting.
Happy baking and remember, a balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.