You can almost pull this off in under 10 minutes - start to finish. The thin steaks help, but the rest is super simple as well. Use any mustard you like - I like using honey mustard, but feel free to substitute a Dijon or grainy mustard - just stay away from ball park yellow mustard. It belongs on hot dogs, not here.
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 4 boneless steaks (I like a flavorful Ribeye)
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1/3 cup vermouth
- 4 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Lightly season steaks
- Heat oil in skillet to medium and cook steaks until done - go for medium rare
- Place steaks on cutting board and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Wipe out pan, add about a tablespoon of olive oil then add onions.
- Cook a couple minutes then add the vermouth, but be careful cuz it can flame
- Cook down slightly then add heavy cream and mustard
- Cook until thickened then stir in Worcestershire.
- Mix well and you're done.
- I like to slice the steaks and spoon the sauce over the top