Makes about 6-8 lettuce cups
Think Asian chicken tacos served in lettuce cups.
- 1 pound ground turkey or chicken
- 1 bunch green onion chopped, white and light green parts only
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and chopped fine
- 8oz water chestnuts, drained and cut into slivers
- 1 head butter lettuce, separated into individual 'leaf cups'
- 2 teaspoons Peanut Oil
- 1/3 cup Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon chili sauce
- Heat wok, and when almost smoking add 1 tablespoon of the oil and chicken
- Stir fry until chicken is cooked through - about 3 minutes, then add ginger & garlic - cook another minute or 2
- Add Hoisin, soy and chili sauce - mix well to combine then stir in water chestnuts
- Serve chicken in the leaf cups and garnish with green onions