50 Shades of I’m Still Too Embarrassed to Read This in Public - 100.7 Jack FM San Diego Radio & DSC- sandiegojack

50 Shades of I’m Still Too Embarrassed to Read This in Public

By: Marin Morales

During the semester, my face is usually buried deep in a textbook, or at a bar not buried in a textbook; regardless, I don't get much time to read for fun. This of course means that as soon as my last final ended, I ran straight to pick a good book to celebrate my freedom. This summer, that book happened to be 50 Shades of Twilight…I mean Grey. Whatever.

I began the book and was presented with your classic fairy-tale love story; some average girl who has caught the eye of some extraordinary man yadda yadda yadda. I have to hand it to E. L. James, she really did put a modern twist on the whole scenario. Instead of the beautiful, humble, virgin who loves small woodland creatures, she's really into being tied up and spanked. Of course it took some persuading by the handsome, yet darkly mysterious copper-haired man (sound familiar? It should). But no more then few glasses of outrageously expensive wine, a quick signature on a non-disclosure-agreement, and he had our bumbling heroine tied up and ready for de-flowering.

Of course there was little cat-and-mouse played out. And there is a whole lot of over description of how aroused Ms. Steele is…which is to say quite aroused 95% of the novel (the other 5% she's feeling slightly uncomfortable before being aroused soon after). 

50 Shades of Grey has aptly kept my interest, which I can't really decide is a good thing. Many things have also kept my interest like car accidents, people doing stupid things on the Internet, or natural disasters. I'll leave it up to you to decide whether or not to read it, I would hate for anyone to miss out on the "arousing Grey Experience." 

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and Midwest Television, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.