Grilled PB & Bacon
Elvis really liked these with banana in them - but maybe a bit too much. He did get a little jumbo didn't he? So the lesson then is to eat them only occasionally - not all at once by the dozens.
1. Spread peanut butter on bread...add bacon... top with other bread slice...butter both sides then cook in a non-stick plan until golden brown
Gnocchi with Bacon & Peas
If you hate blue cheese, don't make this. If you love it, then get busy...
1. In a small pot, combine whipping cream and blue cheese - simmer on low/medium until it starts to thicken, stir
2. Cook diced bacon with peas in a small non-stick pan until the bacon is crispy and the peas are defrosted...soft and bitchin
3. Cook gnocchi in a pot of boiling water - when they float, they're ready
4. Drain gnocchi and add to cream sauce - mix well
5. To serve, put on a plate and add bacon/pea mixture and fresh ground pepper
Mashed Potato & Bacon Pizza
Makes one pizza
An amazingly stupid sounding, but fantastic combo. I like using the raw dough you can buy - but it works well with a store-bought crust like a Boboli (see #10 in directions if you do).
1. Lightly oil a baking sheet and spread out dough until it's about 1/4 to 1/3 inch thick - it doesn't need to be a perfect circle (in fact it rarely is)
2. Warm potatoes in a small pot on stove
3. Combine garlic & oil in a small bowl and set aside
4. Heat grill to medium
5. Lightly brush top of dough with oil and put oiled side down on the grill
6. Once bottom of dough has good grill marks - 5 to 7 minutes, lower heat and flip dough over
7. Brush top with garlic oil, then spread with the mashed potatoes, bacon and then sprinkle with the cheese
8. Close grill lid and let cook until cheese melts, about 3 or 4 more minutes
9. Remove, slice and eat - but that was obvious, right?
10. For a store bought ready crust, brush the top with garlic oil, then add the potatoes, bacon and cheese and bake in a 425 oven about 12 minutes