Makes 6 dogs
I love a Reuben, but always make it with coleslaw instead of sauerkraut. So it just makes sense that if I was going to turn it into a dog I would do the same.
- 6 Kosher dogs
- 6 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 12 slices deli pastrami
- 6 good hot dog buns
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 ½ cups coleslaw, and just the ready deli kind is perfect
- Thousand Island dressing
- Heat grill to medium high
- Cook dogs until beginning to blister and looking great and remove from grill
- Put pastrami and buns on grill and cook about a minute each side until beginning to brown
- Put some dressing on each toasted bun, adding the pastrami, the coleslaw and finally the cheese
- Put under the broiler for a final melt of the cheese - then eat
For more recipes, click here!