Makes 2 quesadillas
I love steak and mashed potatoes...so why not throw them together in a quesadilla?
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch circles
- Olive oil
- Four 8-inch flour tortillas
- Kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 2 cups (about 10 ounces)
- leftover cooked steak, very thinly sliced
- Preheat grill to medium
- Lightly oil onion slices, season with salt & pepper and put on grill
- Cook until they soften, turning once and have good grill marks, remove and chop roughly - then turn grill down to low
- On top of 2 of the tortillas put the following - 1/4 of the cheese, 1/2 the potatoes, 1/2 the steak, 1/2 the onions, the rest of the cheese and the remaining tortilla
- Carefully put quesadillas on the grill and cook until cheese begins to melt and grill marks develop - flip over
- Grill second side until the insides are warm and the tortillas are crispy
- Remove, cut into wedges and serve
"Just Grill This"
Here's what the PR people say: "Zien shares over 120 recipes and a bevy of unconventional ideas that are perfect for the grill master or grill novice who wants to try something new
." Bevy? Unconventional? Sounds like me.
You can pre-order it here: